Wednesday 27 May 2009

"I Feel Good!

..nananaana, so good!"

Ok sorry silly moment there. But today was a good day. I woke up in pain from the mad exercise yesterday and Glen was here so I managed to give him his Birthday present, which arrived yesterday. He loved it. It was a pair of John Lennon sunglasses, but I am very good at picking out presents, I listen to what people say when they are out shopping, or what they say in passing. I just pay attention and hence am able to pick out good birthday, xmas, anniversary or even just random no occasion presents to cheer them up. Or at least I have never had any complaints. So that was that.

Spent the morning talking away to Glen and while we were sitting out on the balcony musing over various things, including the newspaper, the phone rang. Not such an unusual occurence really. I plodded over to answer it, expecting it to be someone for Beth or Bill, it is afterall their house and it was for me. So I'm talking away to this woman, Jane her name was, she tells me that she is from the Wide Bay Motel and that there may well be a job going and was I still interested. I told her of course I was interested. She asked what type of visa I was on, I advised her that I was in fact a dual citizen and therefore a permanent resident. She asked me to go tomorrow at 2pm for a chat. So woohoo to me. I have a job interview and it's not exactly far away either being that it is around the corner from Beth's. Might only end up being part time, but I will see what she has to say and just wait and see the outcome. So fingers crossed for me.

I sat and read the some more of my book, am about a third of the way through it already. Amazing what you can do when you focus your mind on something. Or just happen to have your mp3 player blaring in your ear and not have any real thoughts in your head apart from "things are looking up".

Malcolm and Diane came up tonight so them and Beth & Bill could practise their rock n roll moves. We ate pizza, chatted for a bit, then I came into the computer room to get out their way. Sounded like a small herd of elephants. I didn't have to be in the same room as them to have a giggle. They ended up just mucking about. Had Elvis blaring out the stereo. The man had a good voice and was actually really good looking before he found drugs and hamburgers. Not really a big fan, but he could sing.

I actually just feel elated today. The weight is coming off, I've started swimming, I have a job interview, plus a few other wee things that made me feel a lot better.

Nothing major really today when you think about it.
I think my little blog entries may be getting a bit boring, just you wait unitl Sarah comes over. Will have plenty to talk about then, but until then you will just have to put up with some mindless dribble at the moment. Or you could do something far more productive with your time, don't know what could be more important than my thoughts, but you know there must be something.

Ok I am actually going now. Goodnight
Vicky**

2 comments:

  1. Hi DONT STOP YOUR BLOGS I LOVE THEM. SO GLAD THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR YOU. HOPE YOU GET YOUR JOB KEEPING ALL PARTS CROSSED. GOOD LUCK..... MUM XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't going to stop them, there just isn't a whole lot to report at the moment. Especially since I am budgetting majorly and not going out apart from to swim.

    ReplyDelete