Tuesday 26 May 2009

So I'm figuring...

...that my little realisation that I had lost nearly a stone in weight in about 6/7 weeks plus unemployment, spurred me on to go to the swimming today even though it kept raining. The swimming centre yes has a heated pool, what they don't tell you is that it really is not very deep. I read the signs that told met he depth. I can't swim in less than a 1.0m of water. Mainly because I probably don't swim as straight as I should and I would feel like my feet were scraping the bottom. So I decided stuff it, I would use the 50m length pool even though it wasn't heated. Bloody cold I'll tell you that for nothing.

Didn't get to sleep until the back of 3 this morning so it was a bit of a later start than I was hoping for but nevermind.

I got breakfast, which consisted of a bowl of Weet-Bix (yes that is the way they spell it over here) and a fresh orange, picked this morning by me off the tree. How cool is that? Then headed to get the bus to the pool. I ended up getting off at Station Square which meant a ten minute walk to the pool. Got there and like I said I went straight for the 50m pool. That was a hard slug actually. I was used to a 25m pool in Scumbernauld and even then it's been a long while since I was last in it. Body damn near keeled over from shock at the idea of real exercise. I swam 10 lengths which is 500m in total and is the equivalent of 20 lengths in a 25m pool. Was actually very proud of myself.

After my rather cold swim, obviously after I had gotten changed, I walked from the pool to home. That's a 45 minute walk and most of it is uphill, key difference this time though, I had remembered a bottle of water. How inconvenient though, was walking on a straight route, get to a street that blocks me off, bloody houses. Had to walk through the actual street to get back onto my straight walk. Imagine putting house there, how rude.

I've actually drank 1.5 litres of water today too and only had three wee snack size chocolates out of my show bag that Beth bought me the other day. I think that's pretty bloody good. Ate breakfast, swam and walked, showered, ate lunch, starting reading the fourth installment of The Vampire Chronicles, ate dinner, watched a few programmes on tv. I would say that's a rather good day. Sorted out my physical health and my mental health for the day.

I shouldn't have any issues sleeping tonight and if I do then clearly there is something wrong with me.

Oh and only a scottish person or at least someone who isn't originally from Queensland, would walk about with a only a tank top and jeans on with their hoody/jacket/cardigan/whatever, tied around their waist when it's only 23 degrees, cloudy and raining, even though it was only a little rain. I had good reason, I was too warm, very clamy today and I was doing exercise. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

I'm totally going to feel this tomorrow morning when I wake up and just when my body recovers I'm going to do it all again on Thursday or Friday, mostly to burn off the Pizza that we are apparently having tomorrow night. Har Har, take that squidgy bits!

I do actually feel much happier just for doing that today, true what they say apparently. "Exercise releases endorphins, endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't just shoot their husbands...they just don't" <--- can you name the movie, if you can, well I'll give you a virtual pat on the head for being so clever.

Ok enough from me and my mad babble

Vicky ***


No comments:

Post a Comment