Wednesday 20 May 2009

Real Life WoW

You are probably wondering what I mean by that. Any WoW players will probably laugh when I describe my day so far today and then will understand the title. For the rest of you, well you will just have to figure it out or maybe I'll explain.

If you have ever player World of Warcraft you will understand and know that there are people who tell you to do things, quest givers. You will also understand that they often tell you to do things that they are too lazy to do themselves and send you from one place to another, then back again. You usually get given a basic direction and then have to depend on your map to tell you where you are going. So you get the gist.

So this was my days adventures (the geeks following this will know that I am getting serious withdrawal)
I pressed L on my keyboard ie I looked at my list of things to do today
Quests as Follows:
Go to the Flightmaster, travel to the next town {Get the bus} -
Completed.
Go to Daisy, outside the inn next to the mailbox collect old scroll from her {Go to post office to get separation certificate to send to HR department of HMRC} -
Completed.
Daisy lost scroll on the way to town advises you to go Bob at the council office who will have copy of scroll {Go to Centrelink office because Post Office hasn't had form for years} -
Completed.
Present self to local field marshall {Remind RSL club that am still interested in any vacancies they may have} - Completed.
Go back to Daisy, at mailbox show her copy of scroll and ask her to mail it to next person in line {Go back to Post Office to get them to fax cover letter and separation certificate to HR department in Liverpool, pay $10} - Completed.
Marshall tells you that there is a recruitment opportunity at local witch doctor but advises that it is a long way away and is dangerous. You will have to walk as there are no flight paths, gives you basic directions. {Walk from Post Office to Hospital, 30 minute walk, hardly any pedestrian crossings, to hand in CV for catering position, map in hand which is checked constantly} -
Completed.

At this point the adventurer has faced many demons and wild boars and must rest a while in the local inn {I get too damn warm, hungry and dehydrated body hasn't exercised for a while, decide to stop in at Beth's work to chill out for a bit}

Rested xp gained, adventurer uses hearthstone to return to home inn and logs back into reality {I walk the next 15 minutes from the Hospital Cafe back to Stafford Street and log in to non reality}

So now what I am going to do, because I can't actually play WoW on this machine, bloody limited internet useage, is to plan out a 4 week itinerary for when Sarah gets here including prices. I'll go on the assumption that I don't have a job by then, but today has actually been a bit more positive, I've had some reply. I may have to work in a fast food chain, but right now I will accept anything that pays a weekly wage because this unemployment stuff is headache inducing. *Shrug* it's not going to stop me pursuing the dream of journalism. I'll just keep writing and will keep on at the newspapers, radio stations whatever.

That's actually about it for the day, I doubt I will do anything too interesting tonight. Beth and Maureen are staying in Gympie tonight so it's just me and Bill. And I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out. I may get my moles checked out at some point, especially the one under my arm, see if they can't get rid of it, but I'm in no hurry.

I'm going to go for just now, get a drink then work out the itinerary and deal with my WoW withdrawal.

Toodles
Vicky ***

2 comments: