Saturday 16 May 2009

So...!

Apparently this is turning into a weekly rather than a daily blog. What can I say I've been busy.

I've decided that I should never re-read entries, because I realise that although there may not be too many typo's where the word is spelled incorrectly, it's more likely that I have actually typed the wrong word, like "design site" for example, that should have been decent site, where I got design from I do not know, ah well.

So my last entry was last Friday and today equals one week and a day since I last updated you all my minions hehe.

On Saturday, Caitlin came up from Gympie to keep me company. She arrived at about 5.30 but actually arrived in Maryborough at just before 5pm, but got herself lost and I am useless with directions especially in a place that I am still getting used to. Now we could have easily have hopped back in the car and attempted to find the pizza place but we decided not to risk it, as it wasn't worth wasting the night. We got ourselves settled on the balcony, and opened our first bottle of red wine while we waited on some kindly person to actually deliver our pizza-licious snackage. Very tasty pizza's they were too, a spicy one and a meat feast one and the deliver guy wasn't too bad either hehe, pity he was busy working, may well have invited him in. Nah I kid, but he was quite cute and very tall. It was a very typical girly night, we bitched about this, that and the next thing, mostly about guys, we drank a bottle and a half of wine, ate more than we could really handle including ice cream with strawberry or chocolate sauce and 100's & 1000's. Yummy! Then we decided to be all sophisticated and eat olives hehe. It was actually a surprisingly early night though. We each went in for a quick shower, then went to bed, mostly because Caitlin had to get up early to take her mum out for Mother's Day. Yes you did read that right. The Aussies celebrate Mother's Day on the 10th of May and I believe that their Father's Day is in August or September. I may still send my dad his card in June though, so he doesn't feel left out.

Sunday was a lazy day for me, I just sat about, checked stuff online and waited for Beth and Bill to get back from their weekend away. It was quite amusing though, we all had something to eat and then Beth decided she needed to show me how to Rock n Roll dance because I was standing in for Bill on the Monday. It was a good giggle actually, especially because of some of the faces that Bill was pulling while doing the steps. Describing it just doesn't do it justice though, I guess you all miss out, it was one of those "you had to see it" moments. So that was that for Sunday.

Monday was a long day. Was up early to head to Hervey Bay with Beth. I had an appointment with the job search people at 10am, not that these people ever run on time, I never got taken in until about 10.30 ish. Beth had to go to Hervey Bay anyway to buy a game that she likes, so we decided to make a day of it. We sorted out the job stuff or at least made a start on it, had a coffee in this lovely wee cafe, well I had a hot chocolate. Then we walked around the shops. I nearly bought a cupcake making set, but decided against it, it was very cute though. We bought Beth's game, Sequence it's called, it's a card game. I was in my element in that store though, it was a kinda geeky wee store in which I nearly bought a $30 jigsaw. I stopped myself because I am only buying things that I need rather than things I want at the moment, or at least I am trying to. But this jigsaw was gorgeous it was the type of jigsaw that once you finished it you would go away and get it framed, very dark and gothic and very me. Maybe if this money comes through then I will take a day trip to Hervey Bay with Glen or Beth and buy myself the puzzle. Maybe. We walked around a bit more, and I did end up buying myself a wee something, I bought some nice writing paper it was only $2 and I bought myself a Cherry Ripe chocolate bar too. So nice and def something that Scotland should invest in, especially seeing as there are so many Aussies there. We stopped for lunch in a cafe that Beth likes and shared a portion of potato wedges with bacon, cheese, sour cream and chilli sauce on them. Yum! They were actually beyond tasty, should have been more of them though. We took a wander around some of the furniture stores, just for curiosity sakes. Some really good deals. In one place they had an offer on to kit out three rooms, your lounge, your dinning area and your bedroom and it was only $2000. That's really quite good I think. Worked out as something like 14 pieces of furniture. While in Hervey Bay we also stopped into Dan Murphy's...possibly the biggest bottle shop I have ever seen...picked up six bottles of wine which will last me and beth a while, it takes us two or three days to finish one bottle, having one glass a night.

We eventually headed out of Hervey Bay and stopped to pick up Auntie Fran as she was coming to Beth's for dinner. We had risoles and veggies. Risoles are basically burgers, but they are risoles here. Auntie Fran was going to come to the Rock N Roll class with us, but she wasn't feeling great so we just dropped her off after dinner and then headed to Sporty's for the class. That was good fun actually, it took me a while to get the hang of it, but it was still fun. We were doing the four basic. I could see myself taking it up, but it takes me too long to get into the rhythm. Malcolm and Diane showed up, we danced for a bit then had a drink before heading off home. Beth and I when we got home decided to have a bit of a girly night. We finished off a bottle of wine, ate popcorn and watched Home and Away, How I met your Mother and Scrubs. Then we just sat and talked for a while. It was fun. Again it was a fairly early night, early start the next morning again.

So onto Tuesday. We went to a Mental Health community meeting. It was actually quite interesting hearing about some of the things that are provided for people with mental illnesses in the community and actually I even spoke up at one point about what could be done to help the service provide more for their patients. Beth and I left the meeting before it was completely finished because Beth thought she might have had to work, but it turned out that they didn't need her, so we went for a wander down town. I had to go to centrelink anyway...and what a rigmarole that turned out to be. I sat there with this girl with 1hr 15mins. I think she thought I was trying to con her, she had clearly never seen a citizenship by descent certificate, she had to ask like three people what she put it under on the system. Blah blah the usual rubbish. I provided so many pieces of information including a statement about why I left my job...I thought that was fairly obvious, being that I moved to the other side of the world, but apparently not. I can see why people turn to drink after dealing with these people. It is stress inducing. I can see why they do it, but still, they probably aren't used to people being honest with them. Now it's a case of playing the waiting game. Fingers crossed. I don't think anything else of any real significance happened, standard day really.

On Wednesday, Beth was heading to Howard, and just before we left Glen called and asked if I wanted to crash there for a couple of days. I thought why the hell not. I packed up some stuff and headed off with Beth. We stopped into the government place so I could get my proof of age card. The photo is awful and it cost me $24.50, I've not had to use the damn thing yet, which is typical but it means I don't have to cart my passport about with me all of the time. Got to Howard and helped the boys to clean out their old caravan because I think Beth has someone who wants to buy it. After Beth left, myself, Glen and Jamie just sat about listening to music and having a couple of drinks. I drank about a bottle of wine. That was the most chatty I have seen Jamie though. He is quite good on a couple of beers, actually joins in the conversation a bit more. had some nice meat for dinner. Glen and I played a little bit of DnD then got distracted by conversation and the dog hehe. The house gets quite cold at night too so I never really slept very well.

Thursday was a great day actually. Myself and Glen left Jamie to sleep and headed out to the second hand store. I had forgotten to pick up a clean top so I needed a top to wear. Ended up getting a denim shirt and a blue jumper for $2 each and they are actually very nice especially the shirt. On the way back to the house, we stopped into a wee cafe and got some hot chips with loads of chicken salt, another thing that is seriously lacking in Scotland. I also got myself a strawberry milk and a cherry ripe. We sat and shared the chips and just talked. This was at like 10am. We sat on the front door steps for a while and at about 1/2pm, Glen and I walked round to the bottle shop and I got myself a six pack of beers. That's what I call bliss though, sitting in the sun on the door step with an ice cold beer in my hand can't get much better than that. The rest of the day we just sat and chilled out. We made modern art too with the empties. PIty I didn't have my camera otherwise you could all see it. We called it Australia in the Recession - no money for beer, smokes, coffee and nothing but a lousy pencil to fill in your dole form. It sent us off into giggles.

Yesterday I went with Glen so he could get his injection, had to sit on a bus full of high school kids, which is my idea of hell. They are so bitchy, but hey, all it did was remind me of what high school is really like. Got off the bus at the hospital, stopped into Beth's work grabbed a quick something to eat then headed to the clinic. The doc was like 15 minutes late, that's pretty slack but hey that's doctor's. Afterwards we headed over to wait on Beth finishing work, then headed to town, picked up some things and headed back to the house, where myself and Glen just sat in the garden and chilled. Later in the evening after dinner, Glen and I played Stratego, which I got gubbed at but hey nevermind.

And that is my exciting week. Hope you liked the update, I am going to get out of this computer room as it's starting to annoy me.

Hope all is well

Vicky **

2 comments:

  1. When I'm over can I have the pizza delivery boy then? sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's the same one then I'm having him first hehe.

    ReplyDelete