Friday 8 May 2009

Smart Roos

So apparently the Roos over here are very clever. Pass by road signs and they suggest that drivers may encounter Roos for 20km...this is an amusing thought for me and beth incidentally. How do the kangaroos know when the 20km is up? They must be rather smart indeed. Beth was saying that if she ever hits a roo after 20km she is going to sue the road sign people.

Anyway that was a random thought.

Yesterday, Beth, Bill and I drove up to this obscure spot in the Queensland never never as Beth called it and it really was in the middle of nowhere, there was one house on the road we had to travel down and it had goats. Don't know why that was relevant but hey nevermind. We got to this spot and there were a million and one huge and I mean huge ants. Bill taught me how to fish. It took me a wee bit to get used to but once I got it I was casting like a pro apparently...never caught anything, the fish were too small to hook on and they kept stealing the bait. A couple of times I thought I had caught something but then my hook just got snagged on underwater stuff. Tell a lie I did catch something...A stick, it was very tasty you know. We had a bbq, fished some more and then headed home. We stopped to check on the crab pots though and Maureen and Pete had caught one crab cos the tide was too low for them at that time. He was a big crab too, poised for fighting mind you, before he got stuffed in a sack.

Didn't do much else yesterday, got home had dinner watched home and away then law and order. Headed to bed early and listened to the radio for a bit.

Got up early this morning to go down town. Had to sort out my Tax File Number, medicare card and get a Bank statement. Got all of that sorted pretty quickly and stopped to get something to eat before meeting Beth and getting some wine and munchies for Caitlin coming up from Gympie tomorrow night. Plan for the rest of the day is do a bit more typing up of stuff, looking for some birthday presents and then tidying up before having a pampering session to myself seeing as Beth and Bill are away.

Still want to dye my hair copper, but at the moment I am enjoying how blonde it looks and how healthy it is. Too bad I have money on the brain...yes thank you...

Ah well c'est la vie
Vicky ***

No comments:

Post a Comment