Wednesday 6 May 2009

Bit of a delay

Ooops. I seem to have forgotten to update this week. Well This may turn out to be a longish entry assuming of course I can remember everything that I have been up to or the thoughts that are in my head.

Umm... So Thursday wasn't really a very exciting day. In fact I can't remember what I got up to. I'm sure if I could remember it would be terribly interesting but nope nothing of note. Well apart from Beth pretending to strangle me Homer Simpson style because I never went to the market to get her a $4 ring hehe. I'm pretty sure I sat and typed up a couple of articles. I've decided against the suite101 thing, need to find a design site though that will let me review things and perhaps get me noticed. I'm sure I did have a blog that I made ages ago with just my articles etc, but can I remember the name of it...nah.

So moving on! Friday. First thing on Friday morning Glen and I went down to town, had a wander about. I bought a new hoody nights are getting a bit cooler. Just plain grey was only $20 dollars, also topped up my phone. Am fair going through the top up's though. It's all the texting to the UK hehe. Once I get a job I will move onto a bill phone I think...maybe. Beth and Bill went out on Friday night, so Glen and I played a couple of games of pool and just chatted. We actually get on really well. I have seriously lost my touch at pool, shocking i tell you.

So onto Saturday I guess. I spent all day Saturday lounging about in the Garden and chatting. On Saturday night I went out with Beth and Bill to a Credence Clear Water Revival at Sporty's. Aside from starting 45 mins later than scheduled they were actually really good. Got up and had a wee boogie with Beth. Addicted to Lemon, Lime and Bitters now. So refreshing. If I end up residing permanently in Martyborough, I'm going to turn into a country bumpkin, hat, cowboy boots and the like hehe. Might not be a bad thing, I was looking for a look change afterall.

Sunday rolls around and we were supposed to head up to Howard to see how Jamie was, but Greg, Gaye and the Kids came down, which was good fun. It was nice meeting them. Greg walked in and I was shocked at how much he reminded me of my dad. Seriously put a hat on my dad and he would look like Greg. I got on quite well with Thomas and Caitlin too. Was sitting with Beth and Gaye and I was getting all the stories about when the Cook boys were growing up and the sort of trouble they all got into, which was quite amusing. Some of the stories I obviously already knew but hey it's always funny to listen to growing up adventures. It rained on Sunday but that didn't stop us having a bbq. We all played a couple of games of darts, I'm getting quite good at that. I was paired with Greg against Beth and Gaye. Greg is a total wind up merchant. Kept saying things like "Oh I'll show you how it's done Vicky" etc etc and would end up getting a worse set of numbers than me or would miss what he was aiming for. It was good fun. They left fairly early though, ended up being an early night for us all. Not that I am complaining.

Monday was a public holiday....and I think I am getting senile, I can't remember what I got up to...Oh yeah we went to Howard so that Glen could pick up some more stuff as he was going to go to the men's shelter, needed some space from Jamie. I kinda felt sorry for Jamie actually becasue Glen took the dog with him and it did seem as though Glen wasn't really being fair but hey, what do I know I'm the only child, never had to deal with brothers or sisters. So that's what happened. Glen and I again spent all day talking away and playing with the dog. I sat in the evening and watched some cheesy TV including Home and Away and the final episode of Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities which is based on real events and is absolutely brilliant. I must look up or buy the book of the real story. Also need to see the first series. Very gripping stuff...hmm may do a review. I also finished reading Life of Pi. What a fantastic book. I have actually written a review for that, I will type it up on Friday, save it in my folder until I find a place to publish all this stuff, even if it is another blog, why not 3 is the magic number. Am not reading any more of my books until the fourth installment of The Vampire Chronicles arrives. The other books I have are the Twilight ones and they are a series so I don't want to start them until after I have read the Vampire Chronicles.

Yesterday, myself and Glen went for a walk around town. Glen kept laughing at me, we were walking around and I kept saying how I was warm. This is summer to me and a good summer at that. The heat was getting to me. I've decided that the Queensland heat actually makes me kinda sleepy. Makes me want to hide in the shade and snooze. I am going to die in summer. I'll be easy to find though I'll be in the freezer and you think I'm kidding. I went into Centrelink (job centre) and apparently I may be entitled to some sort of unemployment benefit, this will be an interesting experience for me. Spending real time in the Job Centre. Hell the way I figure is even if I am getting $20 a week to hand out cv's and go to job interviews then why the hell shouldn't I take it. I feel a bit shit about it, but at this moment in time I can't afford to be picky...screw you dipshit...sorry random thoughts that need to be banished from my ever ticking brain. Glen headed to the men's shelter and me and Beth headed back home. We had a giggle with a cup of tea each and old photo albums. Lots more photos of my dad than what I saw at Lyn's place. I should really scan a couple into the computer and send them to my mum, well that and the newspaper clipping about my dad getting into trouble with the police when he was 18. Very possibly my favourite story about my dad's younger years. I'd need to let him see it to confirm that. As we were sitting with the albums, Glen calls and says he is just going to go back to Howard cos the shelter was too pricey, so we finish what we were doing and go and pick him up. Before heading back home we stopped in at Auntie Fran's just for a cuppa and a chat. I think she gets lonely, nice wee lady, but I really just sit and listen to her and Beth chatting away. In town I bought myself a much needed deck of cards, they have an aussie flag on them. Still bugs me a little how patriotic they are over here, but I am sure I will get used to it and will no doubt start joining them soon. Oh I tried vegemite last night.....ICK!!!!! I may try again on a tiny bit of bread, seeing as I tried it just as is, but I'm not holding out much hope for the stuff...it looks like tar and I can't even describe what it smells like, but it tasted rank. Clearly I am in the HATE it camp. I will try again with bread though just to confirm.

Woohoo I'm nearly finished. Yay finally I hear you cry.

Today we dropped Glen back off in Howard where him and Jamie are going to have a good talk with each other then Beth and I headed out to see Maureen and Peter. I can see why the whole family call Maureen midge (as in tiny not the flying thing). Diane came down too and we went to the Buxton River for lunch. It was just sandwiches and the like but it was good being by the water. It might be called the Buxton River but it still smelled liked the ocean. I seriously need to live by the sea....oh I do like to be beside the seaside , oh I do like to be besided the sea dum dum dum....I just chills me right out and I always feel genuinely happy when near the shore. As soon as I get myself a job or whatever I will start putting a small amount away each week. Who knows I save enough, which despite popular belief I am actually quite good at doing, I may be able to move to somewhere like Burrum Heads, Hervey Bay, Toowoomba wherever there is sea. How cool would that be, seriously?

Apparently we are headed out crabbing tomorrow, then Beth and Bill are away for the weekend, but I can't complain Caitlin (the older one) is going to come up for the weekend to keep me company and we are going to have right good girly time of it wine, chocolate and take away. All sounds good in my book.

Anyway that's that for just plus dinner is nearly ready and it's nearly time for Home and Away...shut up, it's a new addiction.

Bloody tea drinkers

Vicky ***

No comments:

Post a Comment