Monday 25 May 2009

Whoop!

I could easily type this entry later tonight, but I am here now. There isn't really a lot to report back with today. And tonight will no doubt be a quiet one.

Today Beth and I headed to town to pick up part of Glen's birthday present. I'm still waiting for the present I bought him to arrive from the states. I was kinda hoping it would be here today but alas no such joy. So anyway, we went to town and Beth bought a box of D&D miniatures for Glen. I found out how often the store runs warhammer games. Apparently they run every Thursday night and the occasional Saturday morning. Might be something worthwhile looking into, especially if it means that I can paint my own models. Have always said I would love that side of it. I'll go along one night if Glen wants to go along and see what I think.

Anyhoo I digress. Came back from town, wrote Glen's birthday cards and Beth sorted out some stuff that she wanted to take down for the house, then we headed off to Howard. It was Glen's choice of what to do for lunch, we just went to the little cafe around the corner. I got the Work's burger and oh wow was it tasty. I had tried one previously in Walkabout in Scotland and it was good, but this was so much better. It just felt right eating it in a small town in the middle of Australia. Good eats. Glen opened his presents and then laughed at my card because inside I had written "I O U one birthday present". Hope it arrives soon. Might make a mixed CD too, maybe.

While we were in Howard we went around to the second hand store. I very nearly bought another shirt, then decided against it. Would have looked good on me too. But I am trying to limit myself to $10 a week for five weeks. Shouldn't be too hard. The reason for this is because Sarah is coming over in about five weeks and if the job thing doesn't pick up or I don't have the benefit then I still want to have some money to be able to do all the cool things I have planned. That is the real reason.

So that was that. Went to Howard had little celebration for Glen's birthday, ate some tasty food, did a swap for a few things out of Glen's show bag (bag of sweets etc that you get at the Fraser Coast Show), then headed back here.

Oh oh oh! Stood on the scales for the first time since I got here and...I've lost nearly a stone in weight. Left Scotland at 12st 6lb and am now 11st 10lb. Whoop whoop! Go me. I knew there was a reason I was feeling better. Swimming and a long walk tomorrow, that should help the weight loss. I'll be back to a size 12 before I know it. I hope! Actually seeing that on the scales this morning just made my day.

Also got phonecall from Centrelink, asking me the same questions I have answered like five times already and apparently I will get another phonecall from the local office in a couple of days. Hopefully that means some progress. Would be good.

Plan for tonight...watch Home and Away, then some other crap on TV as Beth and Bill are heading out to Rock N Roll Classes.

So that's all folks
Vicky ***

No comments:

Post a Comment