Monday 8 June 2009

A week already

Yeah so I was busy apparently and now have a whole week if not more to update you all with. Kept getting distracted and serious lack of inspiration.

From the 29th may to the 2nd of June I was in Howard with Glen and Jamie. Me and Glen played a bit of D&D, listened to some radio and then watched Doctor Who after drinking copious amounts of wine and rum on my part. Wasn't even drunk, well was tipsy and challenged Glen to an all nighter...he failed. I lived off food from around at the local cafe, she makes a gorgeous Works burger and the chips with chicken salt are just yummy. The place isn't really expensive either. Was only $6.50 for the Works burger which is like 3.25 in pounds...I hate this not having a pound sign. Headed back to Maryborough the Tuesday afternoon and I don't remember doing much.

Didn't do much of note on Wednesday, pretty sure it was just a lazy day.

Thursday was a good day. Had to go to centrelink to sort out the unemployment stuff. Sat for about an hour or so but then the girl says "Oh you're owed quite a bit of money" woohoo. So that was that sorted. After finishing up at centrelink, I wandered a little around the market. Bought myself a Dragonfruit. Weirdest looking fruit I've ever seen. It's bright pink with strange spikey leaves. It tastes pretty damn good too. I headed back to the house, got some lunch and got ready to head out to the games store for D&D with Glen. We stopped in at Station Square did some photo copying and got something to eat. I was completely in my element. I was surrounded by geeks of the worst kind and was the only female there. I'm talking Magic, D&D, Warhammer playing geeks. Found one of them very cute too. Another one was giving me lots of information about a local Scottish Society who are having a medieval night on the 25th July. I may go along to see what that's all about. It's only $40 a year too. If I can figure out a way to get there then I will certainly join. Hell they play laser tag and things down that way. Sounds like good fun to me. So after we agreed with a couple of the guys to start up a D&D group Glen and I walked home. Only took about 30-40 minutes. Played another game, made a couple more characters and then I headed to bed. Was a productive day overall. Sense of achievement accomplished.

It's been a very D&D orientated week actually. Hmm I am turning into a nerd hehe. On Friday I bought the basic game. It came with 4 dungeon mats, 12 miniatures and 7 dice. Also came with a rule book and a few scenarios. I figure I've spent the money on it now so I am going to stick with it. Keeps the brain active too. Also satisfied my Stationery thing. Have a bit of a thing for buying pens etc and had to buy a bunch of pencils for D&D. Yay! Glen and I played for a bit and I looked for some more jobs filling out my job seekers diary at the same time. And that was really it for Friday.

On Saturday, I woke up fairly early, well early for me, pottered about made breakfast and then went downstairs to talk to Glen and guess what played a bit more D&D. The more I play the more I am starting to get it, which is a good thing if I am to take part in a group. Started my dice collection. It's completely necessary. No D&D player only has one set of dice so why should I be any different. Glen and I went for a walk through Glasgow too...Glasgow street that is which is only ten minutes from Aberdeen. I find this amusing, but then I would I'm a simple creature really. Have discovered that I am addicted to Bill's mum's/aunt's home made pickle and her tomato relish, especially with cheese on bread. After I made myself dinner, which was steak, sausage, egg and some tomatoes I sat and watched Cat & Dogs on tv. By that time I had enough of D&D my brain was starting to hurt, besides I love that movie. It's so funny...Cat's Rule. Straight after Cats &Dogs, Date Movie came on. Had me in stitches. It is total stupid humour but it was really very funny. I ate some ice cream and then went to bed.

Woohoo onto Sunday! What a day. First thing I did after my shower, was spray my hair bright pink http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=503827575&ref=profile for pics. I was going to upload them here but right now I have a splitting headache and actually it's not alcohol induced. The reason behind spraying my hair pink was that I was headed out on the World's Greatest Pub Crawl with Bill and it was Pink theme to support breast cancer charity The McGrath Foundation. Had to complete 13 pubs in 6 hours. It's an excuse for thousands of people to dress up, be silly and drink in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday. Incidentally Bill and I completed 12 out of 13 pubs. The one we missed was mobbed and I mean it was going to take us an hour to get into the pub let alone get served. There were so many good bands playing, including Red Betty who do a brilliant Pink Floyd cover. Well done guys. Some mad outfits. There was a guy done up as a pig and on his back he had written 'infectious'. Also a guy who looked like his face had been melted off, and on his overalls was 'Toxic Waste Depot'. Classic funny, the makeup was brilliant as well. There really were so many mad costumes. I was really rather drunk. Got a KFC and damn it was good. Ever noticed how things like that always taste so much better when you are drunk? Like chips and cheese for instance just does not taste the same if they are not being eaten next to central station in the freezing cold drunk as a skunk with a glass bottle of bru to polish them off with. Hmmm Irn Bru, hmm square sausage and potato scone...ok craving some Scottish food. Pub Crawl finished at 6pm, I was sober by 10pm. I got lots of comments on the paw prints and ended up covered in pink writing which included a giant penis on my back *rolls eyes*. Ought to have seen the state of me trying to reach my back to wash it all off when I got home and then again this morning trying to get the bits I missed off. Passed out pretty quickly. Oh and guess what Maryborough took the record back. Ha take that NY. I feel proud of the fact that I helped the record be reclaimed. Go Me!

OUCH!!!! May get something to eat a couple of asprin and go to bed. my head is splitting.

So today, I got up and Beth was on a mad cleaning spree. I offered to help and got given a piece of wood that is used to mount the dart board to paint white. I'm thinking it's been the paint and seriously lack of fluids today that has created a headache. Feels like my brain is about to seep out my nose or my ears, more so the nose. Also thought I was going grey today, but it was just a really light blonde streak of hair. Beth gave me two bottles of nail polish too. Bought myself the playres handbook for D&D.

So that was my eventful week then.

That Is All
Vicky




1 comment:

  1. YAY someone else that likes dragon fruit! Love the blog vickster. Nice to hear what you are up to!

    xx

    ReplyDelete