Thursday 18 June 2009

Ocean and Jigsaws


Yesterday was a day for buying and receiving brain stuff. I got up wandered into the kitchen and Beth handed me an amazon package. It had two cd's in it. Now that's what I call Music 25 years and Status Quo greatest hits, which was actually meant to be Ac/Dc Black Ice, but it's all good. So that little thing pleases the ears.

After Breakfast we headed out to Hervey Bay and in the mail box, the postie had left me a nice present. That would be my D&D player's handbook. Yay I can figure everything out on my own time now instead of having to wait for Glen to come up. Bonus!

Just before heading to Hervey Bay, Lou went to the gym and I went to centrelink. Was quite quick didn't have to wait an hour whoop! Money in bank today, money also sent to mother. Oh a week tomorrow and Sarah gets here!!

Got to Hervey Bay and the first thing I did was to take my shoes off and roll up my jeans. I practically ran so I could stand in the water. It was like glass yesterday, so very calm barely a wave. I just stood there and looked out to the horizon, breathing deeply and thinking too much. The more I think the more I want to live at the ocean. Maybe it will happen if I can find a job at the Sunshine Coast to live with Cait, we will see. I was standing there and I was very tempted jus tto throw myself into the water regardless of the fact that I was fully dressed and had no towel. Must learn to always carry my towel with me, afterall it is an essential item.

We wandered into a sweet shop just before going for lunch and I bought rubhard and custard boiled sweets and a nougat. Yummy! I've not had rubhard and custard sweets for ages and they are still as good as they have always been. We headed to Chatters and pigged out on wedges with sour cream, chilli sauce, cheese and bacon. They are so tasty. After stuffing our faces Beth and Lou went into Dan Murphy's to buy grog and I walked over to Centro so I could check my money and buy a jigsaw. That's what the picture is, this is what it should like after I finish. Will need to get Bill to cut me a board I can use for the puzzle. It's 1000 pieces, I saw another one I really liked but that was 2000 pieces, figured it made more sense to start off smallish. It's not the puzzle that I originally wanted but I love it and when I am finished I am going to get it framed. Bugger knows where I will put it once it's framed but it will become a centre of focus when I get my own place, which god knows when that will be, hopefully before the end of the year. Need a bloody well job first. But alas that is the way of things for just now. Was looking at job website and it's typical there are loads of journalism jobs in Melbourne and Sydney but not here in Queensland. Hmm what can you do other than keep handed out resumes. Need to seriously think about stuff, especially my RSA and Gympie.

Anyway. Nothing else really of note at the moment.

Vicky ***

4 comments:

  1. Responsible Service of Alcohol. It's a certificate that I need to over here to work in a bar.

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft screw that, get your own wee bar in the house lol. Ooh I'd offer to help with the jigsaw ut they frsytrate me someth awful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's alright I won't make you do the jigsaw. But I will hopefully have a bit more of it done by the time you come over.

    ReplyDelete