Monday 15 June 2009

Mad weekend

Ahh! I'm all refreshed after what was a mental weekend.

I got up at 9am on Friday morning, showered, made sure I had everything I needed and then waited about until Caitlin and Dave turned up to take me to Gympie for the weekend. We chatted and laughed for the hour drive. Got to Gympie and first thing Cait and I did was to go get a subway. Good stuff. We ate our food, milled about a bit, then went upstairs to the North. We played a lot of pool and I'm still total crap at it. Started drinking quite early, although as it turns out didn't drink that much. Was mostly just hyper. At about 8ish we went back downstairs to get changed, were going out dancing. Got back upstairs someone went to KFC, we ate more junk and continued to drink. Wayne appeared which was cool, ended up dancing about to some heavy metal playing pool with him all night. His ex showed up so in order to stop him getting all meh I fed him more booze and challenged him to pool, not that it was really a challenge, let's face it. Had a good laugh at Scottish snorting salt, drinking tequilla and squeezing the lemon into his eye. Nuts I tell ya. Adam showed up too which was pretty sweet. At about 1am Cait headed off to the Shaft. I didn't go along I was having too much fun where I was and besides it wasn't like I was alone. I do love that pub and the people who go to it. They are all so great. Made me consider moving to Gympie, but only if i could get a really good job where I could get my own place like straight away. Hmm we'll see. Left The North at about 2ish and headed downstairs to wait on Cait getting back from the shaft. Had a giggle with Dave and the rest of the guys. It was bloody freezing though sitting outside. Could actually see my breath. Brr. Cait got back and we all ended up sitting up all night talking and watching Californication. Good series actually. Dave, Caitlin and me did attempt sleep at like 7am but it just wasn't happening. I think we all got about 30 minutes tops.

Saturday started off as a really lazy, lethargic day and no wonder. Especially poor Dave he was suffering from the worst headache but then he had been up 30 hours by about 1am Friday. So he crashed out for a couple of hours. While Dave was crashed out Caitlin and I dragged our tired very slightly hungover bodies to Centro, for a bit of a browse and to get liquid refreshment. New hangover cure...flavoured ice drinks. Wow it actually just makes you feel so much better, total genius I am it was my idea hehe. After we had a bit of a wander about but not really feeling the retail therapy vibe we headed back to the flat, sat for a bit before heading back upstairs to start playing more pool and to start drinking again. I'm sure my liver won't forgive me for this mad little stint but it was bloody good fun. Neither me or Cait could be bothered dressing up again so jeans and hoodies it was. We also didn't think we would last as long as we did before crashing out. I was drinking Long vodkas all night. Lethal. They don't taste like booze and by the end of the night I was getting fed doubles. It was amazing. It was actually a very interesting night. I got kissed by two different guys. Chris and Scottish. Although I only kissed Scottish because when I ordered two shots of tequilla, the barman said he had no lemon or lime. So Scottish said we had to lick the salt, take the shot and then kiss each other, so we did. Rather amusing to say the least. I also had the tastiest Big Mac meal. Adam had come up after playing soccer, chatted for a bit then was headed to McD's, I hadn't eaten very much during the day so it was damn tasty. Wasn't as cold on Saturday night which was nice. Turned part of the North into a mini rock club, after I got booted out of the Pool comp in the first round hehe. No drama's it was all for a bit of fun. But yeah there is a juke box on one side of the pub, myself, chris and the two guys Dan and Tyler were playing doubles at pool and just kept pumping money into this juke box, playing anything from Metallica to Korn to Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin, even put NIN closer on. Oops not the best idea. Then this guy Jason came up and gave us two dollars and told us to pick songs. I asked him why and he just said he was too lazy to choose his own then bought me a drink :-) Met a random bunch of girls who Luke was with, who incidentally took photos a couple that I am in. For the life of me I can't remember their names, but I gave one of them my facebook so hopefully she will add me soon and I can steal the pics. I decided in the pub that I was going to aim to stay up for 48 hours, but by 1.30 I decided that actually enough was enough and that I had made a fair effort so therefore it was time for bed. Hauled my ass back down stairs, spoke to Calyb for a bit before passing out.

Woke up on Sunday morning to Chris the barman leaning over me grinning. That was at like 10ish. Needless to say felt a bit rough around the edges. Chris poured me a very cold orange juice which went down well and we lounged about watching the first series of House. Can't beleive I have never watched it before, it's great. That's potentially 2 new serials I could become addicted to. Californication and House. Got ready to go meet Bill, who was picking up Beth's friend, at McD's. I can't beleive how much fast food I've eaten this weekend. I got mcnuggets which I have not had in so long, and a caramel Sundae. Yummmy. Bill and Louisa showed up, got themselves a coffee and then we headed back to Maryborough, where Beth had organised a BBQ. That was a lot of fun, stuff ourselves silly with food, including a steak that Bill got me...it wasn't a steak, it was half a bloody cow. Gorgeous piece of meat cooked to perfection and I couldn't finish it because of the amount of nibbles we had before hand. That sucked. But seriously this piece of meat was hoooooge! I gave it a good attempt mind you. We played darts, which lasted forever because we all ended up needing to get a double 1. Nightmare! Then I played myself at pool and still lost hehe. It was great fun actually, quite funny because we all unintentionally seperated. The men were at one side of the room and the ladies at the other *shrug*. I was quite impressed with myself, I stayed awake until 11.30 before giving up and sleeping.

Woke up this morning refreshed and now I have done what I wanted to online, but what to do now. Hmm. More updates during the week I am sure. May be going back to Gympie this weekend with Beth and then in 11 Days Sarah will be here. Can't wait!

Enough for just now.
Vicky **

1 comment:

  1. Yaaass like 5 days an I'll be ther now!!!! You have no idea hoew excitd readin that has made me!! Proper cant wait. And yes House is awesome..you should ashamed of yourself youg lady! Sarah xxxx

    ReplyDelete