Tuesday 14 April 2009

A Few Observations

Well hello my dear readers.

Felt that it was about time for my daily update. I will try and keep this up as much as possible. Today hasn't been the most eventful day really. That's kinda the nature of the beast. Lynn, Eddy and Wayne work all day, so do Adam and Cait, plus my mobile really doesn't like sending them texts. I figure that is because I am still on a UK network. Anyway.

Today I have spent more time...again, on Facebook and Bebo etc, but I also sat and caught up with ANTM seeing as I didn't get the chance to watch the final two episodes before I left for Australia. I am about to watch episode 13 the final episode YAY! Yes ok I am a bit sad for liking it so much but hey deal with it, it's my guilty pleasure. While waiting for each part to buffer on youtube I've spent time looking at old photo albums of dad's family. I'm not even half way through them all yet. Oddly though my dad isn't in very many of the pictures, that might have something to do with the fact that he was always out causing trouble hehe.

I encountered my first Aussie spider tonight and the bloody thing was huge. Wayne laughed at me and told me that was a small one. It was not small! Ick!

It absolutely chucked it down all day yesterday, which meant that most of southern Queensland was put onto flood warnings. One day of rain and they are on flood warnings. That might have to do with the serious lack of drainage especially in Gympie. When I first arrived Lyn was telling me about the how the Mary river floods and basically half the town ends up under water. I asked how often these floods happen and the response was about once every 7 years or so. And guess what? Yup you guessed it, the Mary river is up and I actually get to see it. I actually think that is pretty cool, not the flooding part obviously but the fact that I arrived and I actually get to see it. It is pretty hard to believe at first that the river comes up so high but I've just seen it with my own eyes. Fascinating stuff by the way.

Couple of other things I have noticed. The cans over here are a lot bigger than they are in Scotland at 375ml. Umm it gets very dark really early but then it is Autumn at the moment. When I say very dark I do mean very dark though, need to eat more carrots me thinks improve the night vision. Yup drainage is shit. Oh and their pre mixed alcoholic drinks come in a can, bloody pricey though at $8.50 for one that's 4.25 pounds to me and you. I have no pound sign on this keyboard it's very inconvenient. I have also noticed that I am getting up really early and am actually having breakfast, shock horror. Well when I say early I mean 9.30am which is unusual for me if I have nothing to do, normally I'm asleep until at least 11am. But the breakfast thing, in fact never mind just breakfast I am eating 3 meals a day and I haven't had a chocolate bar since I arrive and am not eating half as much bread. I feel healthier already.

Hmm So apparently I am headed to Beth's tomorrow. And I am going to sign off for just now.

Vicky ***

No comments:

Post a Comment