Sunday 12 April 2009

An Aussie hangover

So good evening to those of you around the world. I think I will set this up so everyone actually gets an email when I update or at least those who matter.

Have had an interesting two days, well day and a half really. After typing my massive entry yesterday I ended up heading out with Adam for a night of drinking and apparently dancing. I was going to go very casual until Adam informed me that Caitlin was dressing up, so off I trot back upstairs to get changed into something a bit nicer. I looked bloody good too. Got to Adam's place, he got changed then dropped Cait and me at Chelsea's place where we watched a couple of movies before heading out to The North. We got to the pub and copious amounts of Rum started being consumed on my part. Bundy Rum which I originally didn't like the first time I tried it and now apparently I do. Stuff is bloody strong though. Drink is also quite expensive over here because the Aussie government are trying to reduce binge drinking. It's always the same war cry all over the world.
Apparently I was completely on fire last night. I looked good and I felt totally at ease with everyone that I met. I could have had my pick of at least 4 guys, which was quite nice. All harmless flirting of course but it made me feel really good about myself and it's about time I really did start believing in myself and my abilities. I have many people to thank for making me believe in myself again and you all know who you are. I don't think any of you will ever truly realise how much you all mean to me. I might be on the other side of the world but the internet is a wonderful tool. Don't think for one minute that I am going to forget any of you. Anyway I digress, as ever! I actually did pull last night, also got a drink spilled over me staining my top. Trail of broken hearts indeed. Apparently I suck at playing pool. I used to be so much better at that game, now I can barely pot a ball, well apart from the white hehe. Didn't get to sleep until like 5am this morning and even then it wasn't a real sleep, which sucks but hey!

Woke up to a rather lovely text from Pammy this morning. It's nice to know that I am still in people's minds and I hope things stay that way. I would hate to just be forgotten. Had to do the walk of shame this morning too. You know the good old "oh I've not been home yet and am still in last nights clothes and prob don't smell too great" thankfully Lynn wasn't in which made it easier. Barely had time to sit down this morning. Got picked up by Wayne, got showered then we headed out. Stopped by Hungry Jacks to get fed then back to Wayne's place to chill for a bit before meeting up with Wayne's friend Cameron for 4 Wheel driving. That was actually so much fun, skidding through massive mud puddles, laughing at Cameron, bumping up dirt mounds, winding through country lanes and narrow forrests, then getting soaked with stagnant muddy water as we took a semi nosedive down a hill into said pool of water. It was a great laugh. I got to see parts of Australia that most people won't see on a standard holiday. Plus I seem to have slipped nicely into both Adam and Wayne's groups of friends which is comforting to say the least. God I am actually getting really tired from the serious lack of sleep and I actually think I should eat something.

Will no doubt update again tomorrow and it will no doubt be a much shorter entry...perhaps!

Vicky ***

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you have a great time so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg what an awesome time you seem to be having darlin. See..all the worrying was completely unfounded!! Sorry the Bubix cube wasn't more fun! Did the wee fix booklet not help lol. sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe I chose not to use the fix it booklet, it was too sciencey.
    And thank you Leeanne I am having a balst, here's hoping it continues going that way.

    ReplyDelete