Friday 31 July 2009

So where was I?

Seeing as I am getting hassled by peep (you know who you are) I figured I really should finish this blog entry from when Sarah was over and myabe even add a bit extra on.

So I'd gotten to Tuesday 14th July. Onto Wednesday 15th July then: This was a beachy day. We got up fairly earlyish, said our cheerios to Deb and the girls and got ready to head out with Beth who actually had the day off. We headed down to Howard to pick up Glen and Jamie then we all went for a drive to Burrum Heads beach. It is lovely down there. There were pelicans that Sarah was convinced were not Pelicans, because they didn't have the really obvious gullet. I did try to inform her that it was because they clearly were not eating, so Sarah then decided that Pelicans should be eating all of the time, just for tourists. I laughed at her, but she knows I meant it in the most affectionate of ways. Incidentally she was also amused by the empty crab shell...see photos on facebook/bebo. There are way too many to put up on blog. Just shy of 400 photos. That's 100 photos taken each week that she was here. Gave me a taste for photo taking though. Kinda want to get myself a camera. Nothing fancy just the one Sarah has, maybe she will be lovely and send me hers :-D haha! After Burrum Heads we went off to Toogoom. Aww man I could just live there. The water is so lovely and is crystal clear. Hmm where have I seen so far? Gympie, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Childers, Howard, Bundaberg, Toogoom, Burrum Heads, Mooloolaba. I'm doing not too badly, a lot more country to see though. Anyway digresion. We got to Toogoom and seriously I didn't want to leave. I decided to go for a wade in the water then nearly got thrown straight in by Bundy, Glen's dog. She thought it would be a good idea to tie me up in her leash. I would have found it funny had I fallen in. Would have hurt though. We decided to grab some lunch and sit looking out over the water, which was lovely and while we were getting food, we ended up in the midst of Facebook drama. It's all sorted, but there were pics that my cousin didn't want up or rather that her guy didn't want up, so I told her she could go on and remove them herself. It was her boy who removed them but removed more than one. I was rather annoyed, but like I said it's all cool now. Incidentally changed my password though. After we got back to Maryborough, Glen, Sarah and me figured it would be a good idea to go to the RSL for drinks and for the Wednesday night trivia. We got 20 points for the entertainment round and came fifth in total. Kept heckling Loch though as he was being the host. Telling him that he was lying about the answers to some of the questions. It was a really good laugh actually. I believe this was another night of giggle fits on mine and Sarah's part. There weren't many nights that we didn't nearly lose half a lung through laughing. "Cough up a lung" *weeeee, splat, slide*

Thursday 16th July: We were supposed to do the Tea with Mary thing but woke and thought...nah bugger it! We decided to have a lazy doing not a lot day. I tidied my room, went into one of my little "gah it's annoying me" moods, so when Sarah asked if she could help I was like, nope I'm good. She totally got it, she would do the same. So I put about three loads of washing on, neatened all my drawers and stuff, emptied my bin. General tidying. I played more of Professor Layton and we killed time until it was time to head down for D&D. We were surprised, Severs was on best behaviour and Matt was hitting on Sarah something awful. Poor boys, leaving a trail of destruction where ever we go. Ha! Courtesy bus home. Not a very thrilling day on Thursday.

Friday 17th July: We decided that we would have another night in the Grumpy Chef, mostly cos the cocktails are fantastic. Actually may type up a review on my other blog. Wonder if it would be worth my while taking some of my reviews into the Chronicle? May do that. We said originally that we were going to have one drink in the Grumpy Chef, but we got comfortable and decided to have two each instead. Bugger I meant to take my resume down, will do that. After the Grumpy Chef we headed to the...yup you guessed it...RSL. More cocktails and general drinks. Ended up playing pool all night with Sarah's fiance Malcolm and his friend. It was a good laugh actually. The old men are different over here. They aren't in the least pervy, most of them just want a bit of company for an hour and are genuinely interested in what you have to say. They don't leach all over you unlike in Scumbernauld (home or not, I highly doubt I'll be back). Ben finished his shift and played a couple of games with us. We did ok. Sarah was rofl-ing again and Ben just laughed at us cos he didn't understand. We also did much sprawling on the big red sofa. Obvious name, but that's the Aussie way so there you go. I spent most of Thursday and Friday texting Nick which was nice.

I just realised that I had typed all that out just there as part of Thursday. Oops!

Saturday 18th July: The day we had been looking forward to all month. It was our Ship to Shore; Portside story day. We spent all day getting ready, although as it turned out we ended up totally over dressed. But bugger it, it was our last big night out before Sarah went home. So we headed down town to be there for 3.45 and got ourselves totally lost. Well not really lost, ok that's a lie. Asked a guy where we were going and follwed his directions, still got a bit lost. Then we found the place and laughed at ourselves because all we had to do was walk straight down from the post office. Couple of numpties seriously. We had a good giggle about that. So The woman who was our guide tells us what year we are meant to be in. What they do is take the date of the tour and match it as closely as they can to the actual previous dock records. We boarded our carriage, which was a bus designed to look like a Queenslander home and the tour got under way. We were 22 free settlers, so no convicts, who had come from London to arrive in Maryborough in hopes of a better life. It was Saturday 18th July 1874 and we arrived safely on the ship St James, captained by J S Adey. We found out a lot of information about some of the floods that Maryborough had experienced. In 1893 basically all of Maryborough apart from Hospital hill went under water. Scary thought. We went on the river cruise too and had wine and cheese tasting. Hell four little glasses of wine and I was starting to feel a bit tipsy. What a laugh. We were welcomed into the Portside Residence, for dinner, by the wife of the Customs man Mr C Port. When we sat at our table we were given professions and told to remember them and think about the role as we would be interviewed by Mr C Port to see if we were worthy of being permitted residence in the port of Maryborough. Sarah and I laughed at ours as they were way too appropriate for the type of people we are. I got given Barmaid and Sarah got Children's maid. I loved working in a bar and would like to own one someday and Sarah wants a brood of children. While we were eating Mr C Port introduced himself, quite a frightening man, someone to be respected. And there was general tomfoolery at dinner. We headed to the Millitary museum where we sang old war songs, which incidentally got stuck in my brain for ays afterwards and then it was the nervous wait for our interview. I nailed it :-D . Yeah I was getting too into the whole role playing thing. I play D&D and did play WoW, I can't help myself. So Sarah and I got accepted as residents then headed off on the Horse and Carriage ride. It was so much fun randomly waving at passers by who all looked at us like loons. I fell off the damn thing when we came to a stop. We were on the Highest seat of it and there were these tiny little pedals to use to climb down and my foot missed the pedal and my leg went away from me. I'm a clown though and decided not to accept help and just make it a total spectacle. Amusing but painful. Then it was time for dessert. After dessert we all started to head off to do our own thing. Sarah and I headed to the RSL. Ran into Loch, stood for twenty minutes talking then went in and drank cocktails. First night in the RSL we skulled icy cocktails and Sarah's last night in the RSL we skulled icy but not as icy cocktails. Felt that was an appropriate send off. Seriously didn't want Sarah to go home.

Sunday 19th July: We woke up late and started to sort out all the scrap book stuff, put some more pics up and then Sarah started to pack. Her case ended up lighter than when she came over. How we don't know but it did. Really did bugger all actually.

Woohoo nearly there for the month that Sarah was over. May update tomorrow with actual life goings on cos I need to get ready for dinner.

Monday 20th July: We started the day off at the tourist Information at town hall, so that Sarah could get her sisters gift. I nearly bought the Mary Poppins book seeing as I have only ever seen the movie. Would like the book. So after that we decided that we needed pictures of us with the Mary statue, so we wandered around, got to the statue, mucked about then came the interesting part of the day. Bloody tourists really....Made to walk 3 miles ish so that Sarah could get a picture standing next to...sugar cane. She asked if I was cool with it, I was but I was winding her up calling her a bloody tourist etc and saying that it was only sugar cane lol. See pic of me looking unimpressed with a stitch standing next to the stuff. It was funny cos we were convinced we were going the wrong way but kept walking that way anyway. Saw the coolest post box too, again see pics on fb. Total panic on Monday night though. Couldn't get a hold of Caitlin who was meant to be taking Sarah to the airport. She eventually phoned us, told us it was all fine then 20 mins later phoned again saying that actually it wasn't. So massive drama, can't have had Sarah's last night go smoothly that would be unheard of. Me and Adam ended up having a blazing row, but it got sorted. And Wayne the lifesaver that he is agreed to take us to the airport. Panic over. Nice chilled out night lol.

Tuesday 21st July: Sarah left :-(. We got to the airport thankfully. Still owe you one Wayne. Made good time, actually got there at 11 but by the time we got parked it was 11.15am which meant we still had time to grab something to eat. I bought Wayne lunch/breakfast whatever. Subway, mmm. I laughed, I ended up copying the type of cheese and bread that Wayne picked and then he said I would stop copying him and I didn't. He said I would regret my choice. I laughed at him, for thinking that I couldn't handle lots of Jalepenos along with sweet chilli sauce. Clearly doesn't know me very well. Nachos please with lots or jalepenos is my usual cinema treat :-D Surprisingly neither me or Sarah cried as she was leaving. Too busy laughing. Although poor Sarah was apparently breaking her wee heart when we were out of sight *pats Sarah*. Wayne and me headed back through to Gympie for a bit, so he could check on his tattoo design and we dropped in to say hey to Adam which was pretty cool. Then headed back to Maryborough. Wasn't a bad day actually, although everyone did get told to keep me out of trouble by Sarah lol. I never get into any trouble ;-p

So there you have it. The adventures of Sarah and Vicky for the month of July. Hope you enjoyed cos now you are all stuck with just boring old Vicky adventures from now on, har har!

Love you like jelly tots
Vicky ***

No comments:

Post a Comment