Thursday 23 July 2009

Picking up where I left off

Saturday 11th July - Yes so I should apologise for the abrupt departure last night but my mind was elsewhere and I just didn't feel up to it. So to continue. On Saturday we went down to Gympie for the weekend. Bonnie was giving us a lift down, she originally wanted to go to the Sunny Coast but ended up quite happily staying at the North and then onto the Shaft. To start the night off we went to see Adam playing soccer. It was bloody freezing as well, but hey it's all good. Pity they didn't win. We actually missed the first half but it was still a good game, for what we saw. Sitting on mini carpets on steel benches and I wonder how I caught the cold lol. After soccer, we went to Maccers then headed to Adam's place for a bit before heading to the North. As ever I attempted to take part in the pool comp. I am shockingly bad at that game apart from when I am tipsy and just being silly. For some reason that is when I start to play really quite well. Many many photos were taken while we were in the North, all of which you can find on my facebook. www.facebook.com/TrixxyVixxy if you are interested. They are also on bebo incidentally. So me and Sarah spent all night jumping about like loons, being total camera whores but everyone loved it and I know they did. After the North we all headed down to the Shaft where we did nothing but non stop dancing and I started drinking Jagerbombs. Actually got ripped off at one point. I was sober, but because I had been at the bar and asked for Jagerbombs previously the girl behind the bar obviously thought I was wasted and over charged me. We bought 3 and it came to $24.50 but when I bought one she charged me $11.50 so by logic that would mean that 3 of them would cost $34.50 and they never. It wasn't until after I left the bar that I figured this out. Silly biatch. Great fun Jagerbombs, but you end up more buzzed from the caffeine than the alcohol. Lots of photos taken in the Shaft also. It was a great night though, a whole lot of laughter and high energy. Helped that the company was amazing.

Sunday 12th July - Despite not getting to sleep until like 6ish we all still managed to get up quite early. All up and about at like 10am. Everyone just kinda lounged about, but I had a major case of the wanders, kept pacing in and out of the flat and just generally walking about, trying to get in touch with Wayne who was taking us 4wd. He eventually rocked up at about 2ish and we headed off. Noticing that if you arrange something to start at say midday it won't actually kick off until 3pm over here. Too easy, that's what they all say. I am starting to adapt to that attitude if truth be told. See Amethyst wolf blog for brief description. So once everyone got sorted, we strapped ourselves in and went for one hell of a bumpy but fun drive down to Rainbow beach. Was great fun seriously considering a 4wd when I eventually get around to driving. After driving about like numpties we headed to the nearest bar for some light refreshment. Ended up in the RSL down there. Got a couple of drinks and then mad drama. Wayne was just sitting with his glass of coke and his nose just starting bleeding. Eventually sorted it, then ten minutes later it started again and then again another ten minutes after that. We called the local Doctor to see what we should do, she was as useful as a chocolate teapot. told us to do what we had been doing, so off we trot to the Maryborough Hospital. What a joke that was. he got taken in then told to sit and wait for the Doctor...3 hours passed and we decided to hell with it and headed home. Wayne just crashed here. Some interesting conversations in the hospital waiting room though so wasn't totally wasted lol. I told him I owed him a drink cos it was kinda mine and Sarah's idea to take him to hospital, especially because of the frequency of them. Can't go out and not have a bit of drama, where would the fun be in that.

Monday 13th July - Woke up early so we could say bye to Wayne and then head out to Hervey Bay for a day at the beach. It was a mini adventure, I had never got the bus to Hervey Bay so that's how we got down there. We were going to do the Whale watching thing but we decided that in fact it was a little out of our budget. Got to Hervey Bay and the first thing we did was to go and buy a bucket and spade, yes we did think this was a good idea. Just embracing the inner child. There is nothing like playing in sand that makes you feel more like a kid, well apart from maybe roller coasters and theme parks. We both made sure we were covered in suncream, lay about soaking up the morning sun for a while, then started to play about in the water. No drowning this time, well not on Sarah's part anyway. We took photos of us just sitting at the edge of the water, but when I went to stand up I got caught by a wave and fell back down, second attempt also failed and so too did the third attempt. Sarah and me ended up just laughing hysterically at my clumsiness. It was good fun. Although Mad dogs and englishmen came to mind, we were actually lying in the midday sun. Some more lounging, and splashing about then we built a sandcastle and wrote messages in the sand, cos we are that cool. Just as we were leaving we gave the Bucket and Spade to two little kids. They tried to give it back to us, but we said they could keep it. Have to say the eldest of the two was very polite. So we trotted off on the search for tourist stuff for Sarah to take home as gifts and then food. Sarah got what she wanted and we bought pizza for lunch. It was very tasty pizza actually and the smoothies we got were delicious. Only came to like $23 or something like that. We finished our pizzas, ended up talking to some more randoms, got the bus to Centro where I bought some more miniatures for d & d plus some more dice. I have 26 dice now. Time to start a new bag :-D. The bus back to Maryborough was actually surprisingly quick. We got off at the hopsital and walked to the little shop on Walker street so we could buy a bottle of Coke to chill out with when we got home. It's really not a long walk from the hospital to Beth's about 20 minutes tops.

Tuesday 14th July - We baked! Attempted to make tablet and it was going ok, until we burnt the mixture so hence it turned out like a block of toffee/caramel. Must try again at some point. We also made truffles and cupcakes. Deb and the girls came up and the girls clearly like the cupcakes, they kept asking for more. Tuesday was actually a pretty chilled out non eventful day.

Hmm I still have 7 days to write about and I really need to get showered and stuff, so I may well finish this off tonight. This is what I get for not doing it every day. Was too damn busy to do it every day plus right now I am starting to get a headache as I don't have my specs on. So enjoy for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment