Friday 10 July 2009

A couple of days

So we stuck to our plan for the Monday evening. Beth and Bill went out for their dinner, while Sarah and I made Pasta bake and watched Freeze Frame and Lake House. Freeze Frame was amazing. Was interesting to see Lee Evans in a serious role and he done really well at it. We munched our Pasta Bake which was so ladden with cheese that our hearts probably were not thanking us for it, but hey who cares it tasted damn good. Actually had no cheese so we ended up having to walk down the street to buy some.

On Tuesday we woke up lateish, well later than we have been recently. Pottered about the house for a bit, got breakfast and the like. Which for me was another sandwich with potato scone and steakette. Yum. Almost as good as square sausage. Sarah and I have decided we are going to start sending each other little care packages. Hers will have cherry ripes and tim tams in it and mine will have potato scones and irn bru in it. Whoop! So eventually we decided it was about time to get showered and dressed and then Beth came home. After she had a cup of tea the three of us headed out to get Auntie Fran and then headed to Childers. Sarah was quite amazed at the amount of sugar cane in Childers, but then that is sugar country. Got to Diane's place where Sarah also claimed that the dam is actually a lake. Had a cuppa and a handful of biccies, then headed down town so Beth could go to the Doctor's and we could wander for a bit. Went in and spoke to Bon for a bit, may be hanging out with her this weekend, which should be fun. Had a look in a few shops, then went to one of the local cafe's to get some chips, with chicken salt. Sarah tried it because she knew it wasn't made from chickens. Didn't do a whole lot else during the day on Tuesday. Got back, got dinner and then me and Sarah spent most of the night playing pool and Darts downstairs. Sarah claims she can't play pool or darts, yeah and I'm Mary Queen of Scots. Got my ass handed to me in pool and then we were playing darts, and Sarah needed a 1 then double 3, claimed there was no way she was getting it and first try staight up got 1 double 3. Jammy so and so. But it's ok I still love her. It was actually a pretty close game, I needed bloody double 1. Stupid number.

Were going to do the walking tour on Wednesday, but again woke up with the alarm and thought nah bugger it. Got up at about 9/10ish, showered etc and then headed for the bus to town. Went to Station Square for a while first, where I bought a new skirt, black and floaty and lovely. Then we figured it was time to start our mini pub crawl. We started at the Aussie, where we got a huge lunch and where I won a stuffed duck billed platypus out of one of the grabber machines. We named him Aussie and we decided that he was going to be our mini pub crawl mascot. Got some funny looks, I'll say. I felt bad for about five minutes about winning it, because there was a little girl who tried to get it too, but it passed. After some random chat in the Aussie, we headed towards the Oxford, which was unfortunately closed as it's getting done up. Moved across to the Old Sydney, where we started drinking Vodka, lemon, lime and bitters (long vodka to normal people) and were advised of the various goings on in the pub. We had two drinks here and played two games of pool. Figured that was a reasonable amount of time and money to spend in each pub that we went to. After the Sydney we went to the Carlton, only had one drink in there, but it was in there that they served the best Long vodkas. Bar guy was really nice too, came to $11 I handed him the 10 started looking for the extra one and he just took the 10. How lovely. Moved onto the Central, played more pool and drank more drinks. Met a random dude called Matt who played a game of pool with us. Was a close game actually, clearly we are improving. Still not Gympie standard though. From Central we walked to the Post Office Hotel, had a few drinks in there. Ran into Lochie (one of the d&d guys) chatted for a bit, then headed off. On the way to the RSL we stopped into The Grumpy Chef, for cocktails and incidentally booked in for dinner for Friday (today). Tasty cocktails, nice place, good chat. Moved onto the RSL finally where we got some dinner. I had a lovely reef and beef combo and Sarah had pasta. We were going to get a slice of Cheesecake for afterwards but we both ended up stuffed. Started drinking more cocktails. While we were sitting with out drinks, there was a pub quiz going on. We ended up taking part even though we weren't part of a team. Sat there helping a group of older guys with some of the answers, just having a laugh. While we were in the RSL we got talking to two of the bar guys. We hung around until they finished, Sarah had a game of pool with one of them, then we all headed to the Post Office again as it's the only pub that is open late during the week. It was good fun actually. Home time eventually rolled around, we got a lift off Loch. We got home and of course I get into my room and realised I had left one of my bags in his car, funnily enough it was the bag with the mascot in it.

Thursday is Market day, so we headed down town hoping that the guy with the spray on tattoo stall would be there so we could just be silly and pick a design. Plus I was kinda hoping he would be there so I could get a similar design to what I actually want tattoo'd on my wrist. Mostly to see how it would look. But I'm def thinking that will be my next tattoo move, star sign and year of the rat symbol on my wrist. Won't be huge though. So anyway the guy wasn't there, which put a dampner on things. We went to station square for lunch. Then walked round to the RSL so I could pick up my bag that Loch had dropped off for me. How nice. Got back up to the house, fixed my d&D character up a bit and then it was time to go play. Headed down town with Glen and Sarah, grabbed nibbles walked around to the store. Our DM bailed on us so Glen had to DM the first game, it went quite well actually. Starting to get the hang of it, slowly but surely and am also making more friends, I seem to be gathering a nice little collection of phone numbers and in typical Vicky fashion they are all boys. I just get on better with guys. Got given a leaflet for the medieval night. I'm so dying to go.It's on the 25th July which is the night before my birthday and I think it would be amazing, but I'll see what happens. D&D was good fun, got given some good advice about where to get more dice etc so that's good. Got picked up, headed home where me and Sarah had a mini fashion show in my room. Was trying to decide what to wear for dinner.

So that's that for just now, I will update you about dinner and tonight after it happens.

Love and stuff
Vicky and Sarah.

1 comment:

  1. Long vodka? Never heard of that. You girls sure pack a lot in. I do like the sound of the pub crawl.

    ReplyDelete