Wednesday 9 December 2009

Moving...

...Yup I sure am. 

This morning I woke up and the sun was shining...wait sorry it does that every morning...and I had this fantastic guy laying next to me smiling but I woke up in a bit of a funny mood. Now it wasn't a bad mood nor was it a good mood. It was more a "ugh I have so much to do" mood but even that doesn't describe the mood appropriately.

Regardless today started off weird, that may have been mild concussion that I was feeling actually...stupid Vodka bottle. Oh that's right I haven't told you the story of the Vodka bottle attacking me yet have I? Well it begins in a pub, as these things often do. The middle part of the tale is that I was working in said pub and while working in said pub I have to clean the bar, standard practise really. Near the end of the night, getting ready to close for the evening, I reach to get some coasters. Upon reaching these coasters I stand back up into an upright position or attempted to. On standing I manage somehow, please don't ask and it could only happen to me, smack my head off the electronic nip pourer. Whole section comes crashing down, nip pourer and bottle each hit me on the head. Vodka doesn't smell too nice when in the hair by the way just so you know this for future reference. I always knew that Vodka was evil. It hurts. So that was my tale of woe about how a Vodka bottle attacked me.

Now onto today. Funky mood, covered that. Hung about the house for a while chatting to both Garth and Glen waiting on Beth to finish work. Beth gets home at about 1.30ish and we all hop in the car and head down town. Bloody stinking hot too, must have been 35-36. Brisbane or rather Ipswich recorded 39 today. I was hotter than I have been because I decided to be semi sensible today. On Sunday I had a lot of sun exposure. Walked from here to town in the mid afternoon heat to get to the swimming pool. Stupid buses that don't run on a Sunday. Got to the pool layered on the suncream and dove into the water. I did however forget to reapply the suncream after 30 minutes, so ended up a little scarlet, not as bad as I have been but still too much sun exposure. Today I thought it a wise idea to put on a shirt, albeit a light one, to cover the shoulders, a pair of jeans to stop me scrathing the hell out of the 10 mossie bites on the one leg and my baseball cap to keep the sun from giving me a migraine which it has been doing the past few days. Great idea sensible and the like, until Garth and I walked to and from the real estates. Hot hot hot hot. Besides the point. We got to Station, walked from there to Wal Pavey to find out the progress of your application to get added to the lease at Ben's place. Got there, cooled down...air conditioning rules...got passed on to some pleasant woman and told to initial a few bits of paper and that should there be any noise complaints then we would be required to move out. All well and good. That was us sorted and told we could move in whenever we were ready. Stayed completely composed until we both got outside and just grabbed each other and laughed. Absolute highlight of the day. Put me on a total high. As a mini celebration we went to Woolworths and bought 2 1.25l bottles of Irn Bru each and yes it is the real stuff. It's not quite the glass bottle awesomeness but it's Irn Bru which I have not had since Sarah was over.  After stocking up on Bru we walked to Station to wait on Beth and Glen. While we waited we met Liam who gave us our Xmas presents unwrapped and told us we couldn't break the seals until Xmas, evil especially since my gift was ferrero rochet.


We all headed back to the house and I started on getting packed to move into my new place. I stopped packing at about 8.30 and I still aint finished. The important stuff has been sorted. Am getting keys cut tomorrow afternoon which mean that I can move the rest of my stuff in and actually start hunting for a cheap chest of drawers for some extra storage, or should I say for somewhere for Garth to put his stuff...I have a surprisingly large amount of clothing. Not much of anything else but lots of clothes and still the eternal dilema of I have nothing to wear. Ben is such a lovely guy, although I think I talk too much...always was my problem, not going to change it now. My night is being topped off tonight with a cold bottle of Bru. How amazing is that actually? All the way out here in the land down under...where the beer does flow and the men chunder...and I am drinking real Scottish Irn Bru, no ingredients or anything removed or added. Just pure unadulterated Irn Bru, best served freezing cold.


I am actually so buzzed right now that I think the prospect of sleep is beyond reach. Ah well I shall stay online and catch up with people until I can no longer feel my fingers from tiredness.


Oh on a side note, I am surrounded by geeks and all of them are gamer geeks on some level. hell when the move is complete it will be Garth, Ben and myself sitting in the lounge playing either Wow on the PC's ...note to self must start builing own pc again...playing the wii, the N64, the PS2, the PS3, the Xbox 360, the PSP or the Nintendo DS. Take your pick. The loung looks more like spaghetti junction than a lounge room and I couldn't be happier. It is quite obviously a guys place though, won't take me long to make it Vicky-ised though. It sorta reminds me of the first Edinburgh flat in a weird way. It's dominantly a male home, one of the lights needs a new bulb, there is no ironing board...not that I know what one them is anyway...and I think one of the doors needs fixing but it's welcoming and friendly and it's only a fifteen minute slowwwwww walk from town. If you walk at a normal pace it is actually only about a five minute walk, but say fifteen to be really sure. Did I mention that the place is HUGE! the back yard alone could fit another house and there would still be ample space. Need to paint the banister or at least finish it.


Anyway, I think that is about that for just now. Just a little update about the most recent event in my Aussie adventure, now to start driving lessons so I can get my license and that will be me set and able to go wherever I please on days off.


Life is good.
Peace and Love 
Vicky ***

3 comments: