Friday 15 April 2011

Update of sorts.

So it's been a while since I actually typed anything worthwhile on this here blog, so I figured because I haven't got a whole lot  to do right and because I am pissed off I would write a reasonable update.



What has been happening in the life of me? Garth and I celebrated our one year anniversary on the 5th September. For a bit of a treat we booked a night at Peppers Pier Resort in Hervey Bay. It was so lovely. We were only there for the one night but it genuinely felt like a holiday. Got there and both Garth and I were stunned at how nice the hotel was. The room was awesome, it had a spa bath and a lovely, nay perfect, view from the balcony. We spent the day just the two of us, phones and everything turned off. We went fishing and I actually caught my first fish ever, in fact I caught three. I caught a George (stripey), a Leather jacket which is a very interesting looking fish and actually does feel like a leather jacket to touch and finally I caught a toad fish, which swallowed my hook and then wouldn't let it go. Garth had to beat it off the railing to get it to let go. I was a bit traumatised by this, I thought that when Garth threw it back in the water that it was dead. Stupid thing floated for ages belly up. Traumatic. After fishing for a few hours, and feeling satisfied that in fact I am not useless with a fishing pole, and being totally sun fried we headed off for lunch....speaking of lunch I will save this and return...I hast returned, fear not! Just spent some of the afternoon with Michael at Hungry Jack's because the house was bugging the hell outta me. So back to my previous point. For Lunch Garth and I went to this cheap little fish and chip shop, oh the irony. It was really yummy too. We shared a big bunch of chips and had some barramundi each. Oh man the tartar sauce in this place was by far the best tartar sauce I have ever tasted. I felt the need to tell the woman who served us this too. Apparently it was homemade. After Lunch we took a nice slow walk back around to the hotel. It was such a nice day in the bay.
We got back to the hotel chilled out for a bit, mucked about in the pool, then went to the room and had some awesome sex and then started to get showered and ready to go to the restaurant for dinner. Almost forgot, just before we went fishing, the hotel staff brought us a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and a small mixed bag of lindt chocolates. Very lovely and they even gave us a little card on behalf of the staff wishing us a happy anniversary. Best part about that was they addressed it to Mr and Mrs Cook haha made me laugh lots. As is often the case with me and partners my surname is easier to book things under. Hell there was Szemis, Auld, and now Priddy. Cook is just simplier. Anyhoo I digress.
We got all dressed up for dinner and headed downstairs. We only went for dinner in the hotel but I really was not complaining. The hotel even provided one complimentary drink with dinner for each of us. I had a glass of house red and Garth had his first full beer. I was very impressed that he tried beer. Probably partly because I told him if he ever meets my father and he offers Garth a beer, Garth will drink it cos that's a big deal to me. It means my daddy likes you. We shared a crab salad and some bruschetta for starts. I had the nicest, juiciest most tender steak with seasoned chips and vegies, Garth had a really yummy seafood pasta and between us we shared a bowl of creamy mash too. That wasn't the end of it either we went for dessert. Why the hell not, we were there as a treat. Garth had a chocolate bomb type thing with hot melted chocolate in the middle and it came with real vanilla ice cream and I had a fruits of the forest chocolate cheese cake type thing. Mmm it was good. Another glass of wine and beer for us, then we decided to try and win the biggest seafood basket I have ever seen, it had morton bay bugs in it, we spent $20 on tickets...we didn't win, booo!! It didn't matter though we were still having fun and the best was yet to come.
After dinner we headed back to the room, and started to run the spa bath. Yeah our room had a spa bath, pure luxury. We dimmed all the lights, climbed into the hot bubbling water and cracked open the chocolates and the bubbly. I could have stayed in the spa bath all night. Not kidding either. Best part was we both ended up being a little tipsy on two glasses of bubbly, two wines for me and two beers for Garth. Tipsy on four drinks each. Also were suitably sugared up from the chocolate and were both well and truly stuffed with rich filling food. The bed in the room was HUGE too. Much fun was had and then we passed out.
Next morning we had out breakfast delivered to the room, they initially screwed up the order but they were so good about it and after I told them of the screw up they immediately sent up the second breakfast. They could not have been more apologetic either. It wasn't the type of thing that I would let ruin our little trip, even though I know some people would have let that small thing ruin their celebration. Anyhoo, breakfast screw up fixed, the two of us sat half naked on the balcony with the view and shared breakfast and morning thoughts. After breakfast we gave the room a tidy up and got ourselves ready to check out. 
We still had ages to wait on the bus, like two hours or more, so we went to the pier to do a bit more fishing or Garth did more fishing, I tried to hide in the shade cos I was still burnt from the day before. Also walked from one end of the pier to the other, chatting merrily to the many fishermen. Nothing was really biting that day though. Saw the coolest thing while I wandered up and down. Saw a little family of sting rays just hunting for food. So cool. Love this country. It was one of those days too that reiterated the fact that I was in fact living in a country where you are never far from the beach. It was just one of those weekends that reminded me that I was actually living my life in Australia and that even though sometimes it can be boring and sometimes annoys the hell outta me, it is a damn sight better than living in Cumbernauld. Although please don't get me wrong I do still miss certain things about my life in Cumbernauld but that is mostly creature comforts and the people.



So that was that.



Incidentally from May through to August Sarah came over again and visited me, but this time I actually had friends to introduce her to. Yay me. I would update on everything that we got up to but the best bet is to go to www.facebook.com/TrixxyVixxy and check out all the photos that will pretty much tell the whole story.



The night that Sarah left to go back to Scotland, Ben, Garth and myself ended up in a car crash. Nothing too serious, Ben nodded off for a split second and we ended up in a ten foot ditch upside down. Pretty scary stuff actually. The left hand passenger side of the car ended up sorta crushed in, but I walked out of it as did Ben and Garth. I ended up with a sore head, a cut behind my ear, a sore shoulder from the seatbelt, a sore elbow, sore hip and a sore knee. Garth ended up with a dislocated shoulder and Ben came away with no injuries, he was a little sore from his seatbelt but mostly it was his pride that was hurt. The copse were bloody horrible to Ben though, just because he is a young driver apparently that means they have the right to treat him like he was the scum of the earth. Then when the lady cop asked us if anyone was hurt we all told her our injuries and she responded by saying “So nothing that needs medical attention” even though at the time my entire left side was in pain including a head injury. Silly cow. Eventually the cops agreed to take us home and while we were sitting in the back of the cop car I couldn't get my seatbelt fastened and the male cop trying to be funny said “oh don't worry if I slam on the brakes you will just hit the screen” I blatantly told him he wasn't funny and that he should just focus on driving. We eventually got home and initially the boys thought it was funny that we came home in a blue light taxi then we explained what had happened. Ben went into shock as soon as he sat down, but that was to be expected.
I look back on the crash every now and then and it's amusing when I think about it. Mostly because there were lots of weird little coincidences that night that were telling us all something. Or at least I like to think so and I dont care what other people say or think about that. It's what I believe. For example: Garth, Ben, Sarah and myself, none of particularly religious, all looked at the sign for the prayer room in Brisbane airport and thought to ourselves “I could do with a prayer tonight”. Then there was how tightly Sarah hugged each of us before she went to the departure lounge. She clung onto me for dear life, almost like how a baby Koala clings to its mother for fear of falling. On top of that during the day while Ben was at work, he kept feeling like he was falling as though the ground was crumbling beneath his feet. My cousin Glen felt sick to the pit of his stomach and had a general uneasiness all day. Lochie was mucking about with Status shuffle on Facebook and every status that appeared was all about how you should treasure loved ones because you never know and about how you should always look forward and about letting those around you know how you feel etc. Another little thing that I found weird is on that night I forgot to put my St Christopher on, you know patron saint of travel and on a night where I was going to be travelling for six hours on a road I didn't put it on. Go Figure. I am also convinced, and call me mad all you like, that someone somewhere likes me. I have been told many times that I have at least 3 good spirits that surround me, one of which is an older gentlemen who I know in my gut is my Pa Bell. So anyway I saw the back end of the car...crushed door, roof and rear end. Three points of impact, three spirits, coincidence? I think not. I really don't care how it sounds, I know in my heart that those three spirits took the brunt of that to protect me and I know from seeing the front of the car or at the very least the windshield that Garth and Ben must have protective spirits looking out for them too.



Anyway that's enough of that nonsense. I am trying to provide as brief a run down as I can manage. Not long after the crash we were asked to leave Roseneath Street and are now living literally around the corner on Sussex Street.



Stupid thing, was in the new place two weeks and what happens? I break my ankle while on a night out at the Cri. Was wearing my work shoes too, go figure. I always thought it would happen while I was out wearing my stupid high shoes. Apparently not. Turned out I broke the inside ankle bone, which is supposedly very difficult to break, I also broke the bone that attaches my foot to my leg and ended up with a green line fracture on my shin. Obviously I don't do things by halves. So have been laid out of work since October 29th. It's now the 25th February 2011 lol.



Visited Scotland on 27th December, which was awesome. It was really great catching up with everyone and my mum's reaction to me standing on her doorstep was the best, however I am pretty sure now that I am meant to be in Australia. I just need to get me more female friends, this task is apparently quite difficult in Maryborough. It may be time for a change of location but we shall see. If you want to see the Scotland trip again look at my facebook that is where all the photos are.



Unfortunately it's now back to life as we know it. I will try to keep the entries a bit more regular than they have been. Hope you enjoyed the rundown.



Amethyst

No comments:

Post a Comment